The project is implemented by HILFSWERK INTERNATIONAL and works with BIOs in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
The action seeks to contribute to the growth of agribusiness MSMEs in Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, thus fostering the integration of CA countries in the global trade.
As a result of the project at least 50 Business Intermediary Organisations (BIOs) in Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan are empowered to promote and sustainably support an enabling environment for 150 agribusiness MSMEs, focusing on the promotion of intra-regional & international trade. Trade facilitation can reduce costs, increase opportunities for MSMEs, and spark competitiveness, productivity, innovation and growth. To achieve this, the project will consolidate capacities of BIOs and MSMEs, active in the agribusiness sector, including food production, processing and export, in commercial quality standards, food safety and traceability, product promotion, clustering and interaction of business and education/research, and knowledge management.
- Enhanced capacities of BIOs to introduce commercial quality standards for fresh fruit and vegetables (FFV), dry and dried produce (DDP) in MSMEs and to facilitate a regional private public dialogue on product standards and quality
- With competent support of strengthened BIOs, enabling policies, financial instruments, regional platforms and capacities for implementation of required food safety standards and systems for agriproducts are developed and applied
- With the active participation of strengthened BIOs, strategies and initiatives for market development and product promotion, including Geographical Indications (GI), are developed and launched
- Enhanced capacity of 20 CA BIOs to support agricultural producers and other value chain actors to initiate and pilot GI products
- Capacities of BIOs and MSMEs to enhance clustering and interaction between business and education are improved
- Best practice models in regional multi-stakeholder initiatives for economic development, promotion of food safety and quality and distance consultancy are systematized and documented
This project is implemented in a consortium led by Hilfswerk International in cooperation with the following partners: HWI is one of Austria’ major international organizations for development cooperation and has profound experience in economic development projects, focusing on capacity building and support to micro- and small businesses. REDD France will provide the expertise required to ensure a smooth implementation of the Geographical Indication (GI)sub-output. Qualityaustria is the leading Austrian contact for the Integrated Management System, based on quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management. AAC will provide a comprehensive capacity building on agro-clusters, including workshops in CA and organising meetings during the EU study tour. Further implementers and associates are AFVE, UPCT, MIS, KASPFI, the CCI of Uzbekistan, GIZ.
Further information can be found here.
Contact person: Stoyanka Manolcheva, Umed Aslanov, Hilfswerk International, E-mail: Stoyanka.Manolcheva@hilfswerk-international.at