The project is implemented by Housing Initiatives for Eastern Europe (IWO e.V.) and works with BIOs in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.
PROMHOUSE aims to boost the development of the private sector and the economic diversification in Central Asia by empowering and strengthening private companies in the sector of housing management in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.
In order to reach the goals, the project is designed with the following specific objectives in mind:
- enhance the capacities of MSMEs and BIOs to represent their interests and encouraging them to take an active role in housing policy decision-making processes
- improve professionalism as well as organisational and institutional capacities of BIOs to provide training and skill development activities for MSMEs (e.g. on housing management, financial management, energy efficiency (EE) in buildings et al.)
- initiate vocational education and training (VET) for housing managers at Central Asian VET institutions
- increase professional capacities of entrepreneurs and job seekers, in order to stimulate job creation and MSMEs development
- support innovation through testing and disseminating new building and maintenance technologies, materials, and the involvement in local networks and clusters
- strengthen links and networks between European and Central Asian BIOs and local authorities.
The project is implemented by an international consortium of partners from Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Germany. German partner beside the Berlin-based Housing Initiative for Eastern Europe (IWO e.V.) assigned with the project management, is the European educational centre for the housing and real estate industry (EBZ) in Bochum. Partners in the region are the Association of the organizations of professionally managing and serving housing funds from Tashkent and the SHANYRAK Association of management entities, services and energy service in housing sector from Nur-Sultan. Associated partner is the UNDP’s representation in Kazakhstan.
All project events will be covered on the website of the Uzbek Association of the organizations of professionally managing and serving housing funds: https://uyushma.uz/project. The project‘s website is in Russian.
For more information on how PROMHOUSE started, what it is and what events have taken place, please have a look at the project’s quarterly newsletters here. It is published in both English and Russian.
Contact person: Larissa Schreckenbach, Initiative Wohnungswirtschaft Osteuropa (IWO), email@example.com