The project is implemented by CLEANTECH LATVIA works with BIOs in Kazakhstan, Latvia and Uzbekistan.
Launched at the end of 2019 and set to run until 2023, the project “Capacity building of industry associations serving engineering companies in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan” aims to improve services offered by industry associations to engineering companies in both countries – Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. It further plans to introduce certification for engineers to assure high quality standards in investment project implementation and develop MSME’s presence in new areas. The project focuses on sharing European knowledge and demonstrating the experience of international experts in the field of civil engineering in order to promote European and Central Asian co-operation through facilitation and transfer of European high quality standards.
- Share and communicate European experience to representatives of associations in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan
- Develop content of training courses and certification programme to improve MSME’s competitiveness
- Pilot training courses and certification programme on MSMEs representatives from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan
- Evaluate results of piloting projects, adjust programmes and introduce new services on regular basis of BIO’s.
The project is implemented by Latvian cluster organization CLEANTECH LATVIA and two partners – The Association of Consulting Engineers of Uzbekistan (UZACE) and Association of Water Supply and Sanitation Companies of Kazakhstan (Kazakhstan Su Arnasy) in close cooperation with local engineers and industry micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.
- CLEANTECH LATVIA is a cluster organization offering wide competencies and technologies for sustainable and environmentally friendly businesses. The geography of company projects covers Baltic countries, Northern Europe and Central Asia. Since 2012 CLEANTECH LATVIA works in Kazakhstan and since 2014 in Uzbekistan, corresponding to increasing interest on environment protection, resource saving and climate change issues.
- Co-applicant – UZACE, Uzbekistan: Non-governmental and non-profit organization (NGO) UZACE voluntarily unites legal entities and individuals, who are professionally involved in the implementation of design, engineering, as well as consulting services in the field of construction in the Republic of Uzbekistan and assists through coordination of cooperation and professional development of its members in the implementation of design and engineering works, providing consulting services in Uzbekistan.
- Co-applicant – Kazakhstan Su Arnasay (KSA), Kazakhstan: KSA was established on March 28, 2002 with the participation of the Construction Committee of the Ministry of Economy and Trade of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The association is an open non-profit organization with the main goal to represent and protect the rights and legitimate interests of water supply and sanitation enterprises in all state bodies, public and other organizations in Kazakhstan and beyond.
News and events
ENGINE online seminars/ discussions are designed for representatives of business intermediate organizations (BIO’s), micro, small and medium size enterprises (MSME’s) and civil engineers, as well as for government officials.
These free online seminars, delivered by industry experts, are designed to inspire, educate with respect to best practices, and help develop the skills necessary to grow and operate in civil engineering sector in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan. All seminars and discussions will be held in Russian.
ENGINE has developed a cycle of online seminars/ discussions “SHARING THE BEST PRACTICES OF CIVIL ENGINEERS’ CERTIFICATION” with several seminars on various topics related to engineer certification:
- September 16, 2020 – Certification system for civil engineers in Latvia
- October 7, 2020 – Increasing qualification of certified engineers
- October 14, 2020 (tbc) – Professional associations’ role in the mediation and quality control of engineers work
- October 22, 2020 (tbc) – Expertise and network to support mediation and quality control
- October 28, 2020 (tbc) – SME support instruments facilitated by professional association
To build the capacity of civil engineering BIOs in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan and boost their development, a series of capacity building workshops will be implemented. Workshops will be aimed at introduction of new working practices and strategic approaches to promote the growth of associations and their members, development of organisational framework and building of association’s capacity and competence. This activity is currently in planning stage so further information will follow.
ENGINE Telegram channel : https://t.me/ENGINE_EU
Contact person: Evija Pudane, CleanTech Latvia, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org